I’m so excited to announce that after the first run of my Newbie VA MiniClinic class I’ve totally reinvisioned the course and made a number of notable improvements:
- The course is now asynchronous. That means even if you’re a busy mom or working a 9 to 5, you can take advantage of the course and progress at your own pace. It also means that if you finish one module and want to move onto the next, there’s no need to wait! You can blow through the entire course in a few weeks, or take a month on each module. It’s totally up to you.
- Each module’s assignment can be uploaded right to a secure area of the website called buddydrive so you can easily submit work for me to review. I’ll give you suggestions for improvement on an individual basis. You can also optionally change the privacy level on your files so you can share them with friends, everyone in your courses or even make them password protected.
- You can view activity in the course to keep you motivated! It’s almost like a game. View your own activity in the activity feed, and keep track of your courses, notifications, messages, and friends on your dashboard. Or scroll down to the bottom of the site to see recent members, course statistics and even who is currently online. As you progress though each unit of the course, you’ll also see the progress bar fill in so you can view how far you’ve come and what’s left to do.
- You now have the ability to take notes that will save as you go. Each paragraph of text and link has an unobtrusive add notes button so you can jot yourself down reminders and thoughts as you go. These will be visible to you every time you return to the lesson. If you only have time to read half of a lesson, you can use this feature to remind yourself of where you left off.
- The course now includes badges and certificates. When you finish the course, you’ll receive a personalized certificate to remind you of how far you’ve come. If you score above a certain level on the assignments and quizzes, you’ll also receive an achievement badge!
- In addition to the Facebook group, you can participate in groups and forums on the website. This will add an additional interactive component to the course and make past questions viewable to everyone. This means the content will be organized by topic making it easy to interact and get your questions resolved. If you have a topic you want to keep private, you can start a private group – maybe for other VAs in your niche or others with the same issues/concerns as you (introverted VAs, VAs with a disability – the possibilites are endless!). You can invite friends and subscribe or unsubscribe to groups whenever you want.
- Social sharing. You now have the ability to share courses and blog posts – like this one – on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest and more. If you’re loving the course, share it with your friends so they can benefit too!
Needless to say with adding all these amazing features, I’ve done a ton of work on this. But I think it will all be worth it if it makes the course more convenient and functional for you. So I’m really anxious to know what you think! Do you like the new features? Anything else you’d like to see? Drop me a line and let me know your thoughts.